About the Program
The goal of the Summer Internship Program is to help San Francisco high school students from diverse backgrounds to develop personal and professional skills that will help them attain success in academia and in the workforce.
Through this part-time (16-20 hours per week) six week summer internship, students can gain hands-on exposure to careers in the Real Estate, Technology, Law, Non-profit, Hospitality and Transportation industries. Interns work in an office setting with a variety of departments including finance, operations, human relations, legal, information technology and more! In addition, eligible interns can receive academic credit for their participation. All interns participate in professional development seminars once a week to ensure they are getting the most from their internship experience.
Are You a Good Fit for the Internship?
The Summer Internship Program is open to young people who are:
- SFUSD Students
- Able to work 16-20 hours per week for 6 weeks
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are highly organized
- Have great attention to detail
- Able to work well in an office environment
- Excited to meet new people and try out a career!
The Summer Internship Program has a rolling application process, meaning we will accept applicants for internship positions on an ongoing basis until all internship slots have been filled. If you are interested in becoming an intern, please complete the application process below as soon as possible.
Please note that because of the limited number of internship positions in the program, we cannot guarantee every applicant a placement. Please review the steps below to know what to expect during the application process.
- Step 1: Create a profile at sfyouthjobs.org and express interest in the Summer Internship Program.
- Step 2: You will receive an email with the Summer Internship Program application. Fill out and submit the application. You can find the application here: Summer Internship Program Application
- Step 3: We will contact you by phone or email if we want to move forward with your application. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to all applicants.