Courtesy Clerk (11004)
• Provide top-quality customer service in accordance with our Company’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
• Bag groceries making sure not to overload bag(s) and ensuring contents are not damaged.
• Load purchased items into cart(s).
• Help customers carry and/or load purchased groceries outside to their vehicles.
• Retrieve shopping carts from parking lot.
• Perform price checks when asked by cashier to verify grocery prices.
• Maintain cleanliness of the store including check stand area (belt and glass), facing and straightening up end display areas near check stand, sweeping of floor, mopping, emptying trash throughout the store, cleaning of lunch/break-room areas as well as restrooms and other store areas as assigned.
• Maintain cleanliness of parking lot including maintaining clean entry and emptying of trash as necessary
• Assist customers with their shopping selection upon request.
• Stock supply of bags at check stands.
• Collect grocery items not purchased and return items to appropriate stock shelf.
• Adhere to uniform and grooming policy as defined within company policy.
JOB QUALIFICATIONSThe following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential job functions of this position:**• Ability to lift, bend and grasp
• Ability to work in outdoor parking lots, including ability to be exposed to weather conditions, including extreme heat or cold and rain and snow.
• Maintain high standards of safety within department and store
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as within a large team
• Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of Albertsons Safeway products and share that knowledge with our customers
• Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance. (Employees may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, and schedules may vary on a weekly basis)
• Ability to comply with workplace conduct standardsPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThe following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position:**Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
• Squat/Kneel: Seldom
• Bend/Stoop: Seldom
• Lift/Carry: Frequent/carry 5-50 lbs.
• Push/Pull: Frequent, push/pull 10-15 lbs. products/shopping carts *depending on amount of carts lbs. will increase
• Twist/Turn: Frequent
• Grip/Grasp: Frequent
• Reach: Frequent
• Stand/Walk: Continuous
Retail, Sales and Hospitality
Employment: Part Time