No need to be the “perfect” job candidate. Career Connect is for young people with little to no work experience, or with the desire to improve their professionalism and skill set.
Depending on Airport project needs and intern interests or skill sets, assignments include entry-level work in clerical, delivery or support.
In addition to providing training, parking or transit options, interns benefit from the mentorship of diverse Airport Commission staff.
Although SFO Career Connect interns are considered trainees, interns are expected to function as City employees.
35 hours per week @ $19.81 per hour.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, 12/12/2017 by 5:00:00 PM
· Between the ages of 18-25
· GED, Diploma, or Certificate of Completion
· No felony convictions for the last 10 years
· Submit to and pass a pre-employment screening
· Ability to work up to 35 hours per week Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm
· Either living in San Francisco or with a San Francisco affiliation (originally from SF, went to school in SF, out of home placement in SF, etc.)
SFO is a world-class, award-winning airport that served more than 53 million guests in 2016. SFO offers non-stop flights to 46 international cities on 39 international carriers. The Bay Area's largest airport also connects non-stop with 79 U.S. cities on 13 domestic airlines. In fiscal year 15/16, the Airport, an enterprise department of the City & County of San Francisco, accounted for $7.8 billion in business activity and supported nearly 39,400 direct jobs.
SFO’s mission is to provide an exceptional airport in service to our communities and is committed to redefining air travel. SFO has embarked on the renovation of Terminal 1, the largest project in the Airport’s 10-year, $6.1 billion Capital Improvement Plan.