DPW Year Round Crew
Are you a team player who loves working outside? Apply for a DPW Year Round Crew Position! Department of Public Works is looking for young people ages 18 – 24 to join their team. To learn more, read below.
What is the job?
You will be involved in litter removal, manual weeding, raking, sweeping, loading of debris onto work vehicles from freeway on and off ramps in San Francisco and working in community gardens in the areas of planting plants on landscaped medians and open areas adjacent to public right of ways. You will also be expected to maintain safety and may be exposed to arborous work. Topics may include: Cement work, Landscape Architecture, Bio-Habitat Restoration, Plant Identification, Invasive Species removal, Community Greening Programs and Irrigation.
What are the requirements?
- Youth must be between the ages of 18-24 and enrolled before their 24th birthday.
- Must have valid I.D. and social security card, birth certificate or passport.
- Must be actively participating in a High School Diploma or GED program or already have graduated. Or, ability to graduate within 11 months of entering the workforce development program.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen with random screenings.
- Must be able to work Wednesday thru Saturday from 8:30am to 3:00pm for 11 months.
- Must be willing to attend weekly Job Readiness Training 2 hours every week.
- Must be willing to attend Safety Training 1 hour every month.
- Must have transportation to and from Candlestick Executive Park or 16th Street Bart station.
- Must provide own work boots, work pants, work shirt, water bottle and lunch. MNC will provide all Personal Protective Equipment, tools, supervision, training and transportation between work sites.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors in all types of weather picking up litter from sidewalks, freeway on and off ramps, pulling weeds and removing invasive species, planting and gardening.
- Must be a team player, follow directions at all times, be on time to work, adhere to safety protocols, willingness to learn, wear uniform, utilize personal protective equipment, utilize hand tools.
How do I apply?